Sunday, December 12, 2010

My Sunday Film Festival - AGE OF CONSENT


Okay. Where has this movie been all my life? Helen Mirren plays this wild-child islander who poses for an aging painter played by James Mason. She swims and snorkels all around the Great Barrier Reef in this see-through purple dress, inspiring him to paint and sculpt sand models of her naked form.



Michael Powell is someone to study. I've never been disappointed in anything he's been a part of. PEEPING TOM, THE RED SHOES, and BLACK NARCISSUS are classic Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger films.

Helen Mirren and has been driving me nuts ever since I saw her in EXCALIBUR. What an incredibly talented and consistently sexy woman.



A SCENE FROM AGE OF CONSENT

Artist and Muse

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have to see this now. I don't know how this particular one slipped under my radar, but thanks for the heads-up.

    My favorite Powell/Pressburger is usually whatever I'm watching at the moment, but overall it might be A Matter of Life and Death. Those textures! But then, we have the great Jack Cardiff to thank for those.

    ReplyDelete