Saturday, January 15, 2011

JOYSTICKS, SPARK PLUGS, & WILD DOGS



Last night I attended the  DESTROY 7 HEDS showcase at 2Bad! Re-Fresh in downtown Los Angeles. It featured works from DESTROY ALL DESIGN, KH no. 7, and SEPTERHED.

It's wild that one of the first power boxes I photographed was this one, featuring both DESTROY ALL DESIGN and SEPTERHED. I did not know who the artists were at the time, nor could I spot their other pieces around town. But now I'm beginning to recognize artist's tags and signatures, making the whole LA street art scene more understandable and magical. 


Here's another power box featuring both DESTROY ALL DESIGN and SEPTERHED:


I learned about the showcase from the awesome blog, MELROSEandFAIRFAX. I met some really cool and interesting people, artists and fans alike. I also bought some art for myself.

This piece from DESTROY ALL DESIGN:



And this one from SEPTERHED, titled: Surrounded All Alone.


I also go a cool sticker from KH no. 7 of this image:

KH no.7 from MELROSEandFAIRFAX.COM











2 comments:

  1. That is the shit! I've got a small collection of some local guys stuff in my apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice choices! Would've been nice to meet you, got to the show a bit late! Great shots as well.

    ReplyDelete