Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Sunday Film Festival - TRASH HUMPERS

Trash Humpers is crazy. I now have images in my mind that will never leave. Yes, some of those images are incredibly disturbing. But some are incredibly beautiful. And creepy. And... shit! I just want to take a shower after watching this movie. But then if I do, I'll just start thinking of that shower scene with the baby and... THIS IS MOVIE IS CRAZY! And, to be truthful, I could not stop watching it. I don't know what that says about me, really, but I've always been fascinated with Harmony Korine's point of view. If you're into his movies, definitely check this out.


I met Harmony Korine at the Nashville Film Festival in 2005 when Hustle & Flow was playing there. We shared a similar love of dirty-dirty Memphis rap. He commented on the Three 6 Mafia music used in the movie and how he listened to them growing up in Nashville. If you watch Trash Humpers, read this interview with Harmony and the cast in NASHVILLE SCENE.

I also highly recommend taking a look at a short film he produced call THE ALUMINUM FOWL (2006) by James Clauer.

No comments:

Post a Comment